Sherkston Shores, Ontario--Roadtrek Technical Rally--September 3-6, 2012


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
September 6th 2012
Published: November 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

SherkstonShores Resort

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday September 5th and 6th learning about the Roadtrek's systems. We had workshops given by the generator rep, the fan company, and furnace and hot water manufacturers. The Roadtrek Company president spoke and various company employees gave presentations. Some of the rally participants also gave demonstrations. We enjoyed the fellowship of the many Roadtrek owners and had a good time. So glad we had electricity as the heat was unbearable. Didn't expect it this far north and so late in the year.

On Thursday, September 7th, we followed a school bus load of Rally participants in Rosie to Kitchener, for a Roadtrek factory tour. We had an appointment with a dealer/service department in Kitchener on Monday morning to fix some minor problems covered under warranty we had listed and to install an LED light fixture for better reading. It didn't make sense for us to take the bus to then come back to the resort to then turn around and drive Rosie for the 2 hour drive back to Kitchener. The Rally was basically over and everyone was leaving Friday morning anyway.

After the interesting factory tour, which was marred by one of the women talking over the tour guide, we had some refreshments and were given some Roadtrek souvenirs. We said our goodbyes and then we located a very nice campground that was in a nearby community and settled in for the weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb