Day 3 - a whole 24 hours on the train


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
July 5th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We wake up on the train. Spend most of the day on the train. Go to bed on the train.

We did have an hour or so in Winnipeg which was very welcome. We went and bought some food for the journey, something that with hindsight we should probably have done more of at the beginning.

Other highlights were an amazing sunrise viewed by Gemma whilst Ed slept, and passing the alleged geographic centre of Canada to punctuate the otherwise endless rolling prairie. It was also pleasant to realise just how well pistachio nuts go with beer.

One theory to emerge from spending so much time staring at vast, unchanging fields concerns the temperature. Everyone (except us) is complaining that it's far too cold. There are a lot of old people on board. But the staff refuse to alter the powerful air-conditioning. The hidden reason has to be that it stops people from sweating, and since noone in 'Comfort' (ie economy) class has access to showers this is vital. Talking of showers, we will have them tomorrow... hooray.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.418s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 21; qc: 105; dbt: 0.2295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb