Cedar Key soon.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
March 18th 2011
Published: March 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

hi All,
Finally a chance to blog again!
About 8 C here; why bother leaving??LOL
So many details to attend to ;however, past experience goes a long way!
About 90 % preparation activities are now completed!

Headed to a favourite spot...Cedar Key...our 4 th visit there.
Getting to know more favourite spots to re visit each time we go.
Such as>>>J.C. Penney's in Crystal River; local 2nd hand stores (there are quite a few); a quilt shop in Trenton that serves afternoon tea and sweets;and the mighty Suwannee River.
Cedar Key has claim to many birds; if fact some make this a weekend retreat for bird watching.
Of interest in Cedar Key ...the trawlers going out at 6:30 am; returning at 6:30 pm unless the waves are too high to go out at all; the downtown "party" area for weekend night life including blasting music we can hear on our balcony; biker's ride the highway (#24) to enjoy a day trip to the keys; pelicans everywhere; and not to forget "The Annual Celebration of the Arts" where vendors bring their wares. A few streets are closed for this from Fri night 7 pm, til Sunday, around 6 pm.(Apr 2 an 3 this year)
We are located on the same street as this art show; and also across from the park where the food stalls go up quickly and music plays continuously from the bandstand. There is so much to see from our balcony!!We watch the fishing boats boats being towed by the owner's trucks as their lives as fishernmen goes on despite the festive activities.
So journey along with us to Cedar Key and you may find it to be delighful too.
Check back here on March 28th or so. We'll be on southern time by then; What's the hurry!! IJ and R



Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb