Getting Ready


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
December 11th 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

PosingPosingPosing

During our 'official' photo-shoot from the top of Sioux Mountain. Photo by Trudy Cummings.
Hello to Everyone.
Welcome to our first blog entry.

A few days ago we decided to go on a small hike to the top of Sioux Mountain as a pre-expedition photo-shoot...
We set off, on foot, along the railway tracks with a paddle and a bike wheel in hand. These two seemingly random objects will pay a crucial role in our expedition as we hike, bike and kayak our way across the continent, so we both agreed that they should be in the photo-shoot with us!
It was a great day to be hiking. The deep freeze of winter had set in, the snow was fresh and the lakes had just frozen over. Our winter wonderland was back!
Although we will be in warmer parts of Europe for the winter, I am sure we will look back at this day with great memories...

Stay tuned for up-dates.
Andrew and Dave.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

With our props.With our props.
With our props.

Shoes, paddles and bike wheels will help on our expedition across Europe. Photo by Trudy Cummings.
Sioux wildlife.Sioux wildlife.
Sioux wildlife.

There was just a moment to capture this image as we hiked up Sioux Mountain. No matter where you venture in these parts - you will have company!


23rd December 2009

Good luck!
Read your article in the paper today and look forward to following you on your adventures! Have fun and be safe!
29th December 2009

Happy Trails!
Andrew and Dave, I am following the link from our hospital newsletter. So this is my official first visit to your site/journey. I look forward to checking in quite often (keeping our staff informed). Happy Holidays and Enjoy your adventure!

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb