Toronto layover


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
July 21st 2018
Published: July 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Phase 64 of the journey, and beating the behavioural policy record, we made it to Toronto for the day.

Like Mr Bean we needed match sticks to keep our eyes open, but it was absolutely worth it. Toronto is stunning and would have loved to have seen more. We took a boat trip to see as much as possible, CN tower, Rogers Centre and the small islands I didn’t even know existed. The Canadian people are so friendly and the kindness kept us going for the day.

Back at the airport, the delays grew and grew, and as I write this we are on our 3rd bottle of wine thanks to meal vouchers. #eatingis heating.

We sat with a guy flying to Delhi and we laughed at the constant tannoys for “Captain Clark please report to gate E70.” Benny Hill airport management.

Hopefully by the time you read this we will be home ?

Facts of the day:

- The biggest crowd ever recorded at the Rogers Centre, where Beyoncé, Metallica and such like have performed, was Wrestlemania 18 which saw The Rock and Hulk Hogan compete (actually my favourite fact of the trip)

- Air Canada Rouge are shite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb