Look Out Canada, It's Your Turn


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

At Last we're on our travels again. This time we're ambitious enough to take on a massive country over the next two weeks or so. Luckily, we're on a conducted tour so we don't have to struggle on our own everywhere. But we will be let loose at least once every day, so plenty of scope for disaster!

Somehow flights westward are easier than eastwards. So after a fairly comfortable journey with Air Canada (eg plenty of food, drink and legroom) we arrived in Toronto to lovely sunny weather much like we had left back home. (We took the precaution of drinking plenty of water en route as well.) The city looked vast - with a forest of skyscrapers in the centre. Most of the skyscapers seemed to be owned by banks and finance companies. (Obviously, they've got further on the road to World Domination than I thought. )

Our hotel was located close to Dundas Square and Yonge Street - the heart of the city, I'm told. So we spent the first night being entertained by a free open air concert in Dundas Square watching Pop Singers, Native American Dancers, Caribbean Dancers and Latin American Dancers. The Caribbean Dancers were the most accomplished but the others were very entertaining as well. It all made us forget that we had been up and about for 20 hours, the longest period of continuous daylight we have experienced. so far. (I'll publish some photos of the entertainers later.) After the show, and a Californian Thai (?) meal we slipped back to the hotel where I slept soundly until almost 3 am! (That's a good 4 hours, folks. Luckily, I found a good sudoku puzzle at 6 am to pass the time before breakfast.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 21; qc: 51; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb