Spadina And Lake Shore


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 12th 2003
Published: November 12th 2003
Edit Blog Post

(Lat: 43.639/Long -79.393)
To the NE is the famous SkyDome and CN Tower lots of info on those in all the guides. I was downtown early 90s when Carter hit the winning home run that gave the BlueJays baseball team their second world series win in a row two years running. I was not in the Dome but you could hear the cheers from miles away, everyone was honking horns, was an amazing time. However what might not be in the guide and is probably only temporary is the Presentation Centre just west of the Dome. It has a big model of downtown with all the new buildings going up. More for prospective home condo owners but free to go inside, free cookies and coffee, and a portal into the future of what toronto will look like. When I first saw it I thought I was looking at a different city but many of these buildings are now finished. It should make the downtown more vibrant as lots of new entertainment and amenities will spring up to service these new owners. Richmond Street and John (between Spadina and York/University) is one example of this with the Paramount Theatre and many restaurants. Used to be more of a rave district before this development still lots of interesting clubs but more mainstream. The "underground" feel has shifted more QueenStreet west of Spadina. But back to this intersection to the NW is a golf driving range similar to Chelsea piers in NewYork. The first mesh "walls" that were put up were blown down in a storm and much thicker supports are now in place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb