BayAndQueensQuayWest


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 2nd 2003
Published: November 2nd 2003
Edit Blog Post

First stop on the LRT (Light Rail Transit) to NW is waterpark place very similar to the World Financial Centre in NY (even has a small "Winter Garden" with palms) but don't think it is the same Architects. LRT is little known even by locals with it you can get to/from the subway line (Union Station) to/from any point on the (western) waterfront easily one fare covers both as they are part of the TTC system. Otherwise it is a 2 block walk to/from Union station which is nice but depending on time and weather LRT can be easier. A Spotnik WiFi hotspot is in the Piazza Manna eatery on the east side of the building. Piazza Manna has free pizza slices after 5pm and a nice purple pool table. Many office staffers from Waterpark hang out there after work. After 6pm and weekends parking there is quite reasonable ($5) and is underground (nice in winter or when raining).

To NE is the Westin Convention Centre, To SE is the Westin Harbour Castle linked to the convention centre by an overhead tunnel very nice hotel with good gym, tennis court and pool on the 5th foor, piano lounge on the ground floor, Toula restaurant at the top (used to be the Lighthouse and revolved similar to the CN tower restaurant but now fixed). Toula is expensive but nice views of the lake and island and has scenic elevator to it. It is the sister of the original in Milan which is by the La Scala theatre (been there). Less crowded and lineup than CN Tower. To south of the Westin is the Ferry Docks from which you can go to the Islands. Look for the Historic plaque informing of the Noronic disaster just west of the Ferry Dock ticket booths. Boardwalk goes along the waterfront west to YorkAndQueensQuayWest which is a nice stroll. People lie on towels and go suntanning in summer. You can see the sailboats out on the lake and planes landing at the island airport.

SW Is 55 Harbour Square which are residential condos but with some convenience stores, dry cleaners, postboxes, busenesses and cafes on street level.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb