The Tallest building in the World?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 20th 2007
Published: November 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent Sunday looking around Toronto. We like the city - it is compact and the buildings are interesting. The skyline is dominated by the CN tower which WAS the tallest building in the world until the new one in Dubai took over earlier this year. We walked through the undergorund walkways constructed so that it is not necessary to go outside in the cold - there is a complete shops/walkway/restaurant area under the city.

The CN tower was worth going up. We were wondering whether it would be but the day was really clear and we could see for miles. The local topography was really visible from the tower - a very flat plain area with the city spead out in a clear grid format - lots of very long stright roads.

We are a bit concerned about Fabulous at airports now as she keeps getting the words tourist and terrorist muddled up!

We have found out a lot about famous Canadians thanks to our hosts! Did you know that the following are Canadian? Mike Myers, Owen Hargreaves, Jim Carey, Pamela Stephenson, and Bryan Adams. And for the younger readers Avril Lavigne, and Nelly Furtado. We have really been made welcome by Jane and Peter and hope that it is not another 15 years before we meet again.

Finally a coffee or chocolate carryout (and Cake) are a canadian classic culinary creation.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb