We have lift off


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
November 17th 2007
Published: November 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we finally left late on Wednesday and managed to get to the hotel ok and drop off the car with no probs. The flight over went well - especially for Fatty who's seat was broken (or did he break it) and had to be relocated in the plane. For the discomfort of not sitting with his family he was plied with champers for a goodly part of the trip.
We have been staying with friends in Toronto who have made us feel very welcome. The kids were particuarly excited when they woke up yesterday to a smattering of snow and the girls immediately went out to throw snowballs.
Yesterday we visited Niagara - it really is stunning to stand and watch all that water flowing. However the area around it is not of the same quality and so we headed to Niagara on the Lake for some lunch. This is one of the the areas of wine growing in Canada so we have sampled the local produce and werent sure so had to sample some more.
By the way for those who have asked for culinary comments - we have breakfasted on bacon,bread and beans and ate almost all the available appetisers while aviating across the atlantic. Piccys to follow.

Advertisement



18th November 2007

Delighted to get your first blog, and hear you are safely in Canada. Even more delighted to speak to you last night on the phone, Cathy. Will try ringing you from here on that special number. Now know which one of you is Fatty. Couldn't be sure before! Snow forecast for here too today, and it was sleeting here this afternoon. Glad all is well with you all. Best wishes to Jane. Keep blogging!.

Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb