Washington to Woodstock


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

DAY 7/240 - Friday, July 20, 2007



Today we left the tour group we were with, a day early and went from washington to Woodstock for the wedding tomorrow. However we got up much much earlier than we needed to and ended up having to wait 3 hours for the flight (in fairness to whoever decided the time to leave, we didn't really know how long it was going to take to get to the airport). So i think that the fact that we had to wait for so long made us all a little frustrated, but i spent the wait working on a spreadsheet that would be used to judge the winner of the Frodo Photo competition. Took me those 3 hours, the one hour plane flight, the 90 min hire car ride (with michelle freaking out behind the wheel) and about 3 hours on arriving at the hotel. When i get into spreadsheets its hard to break my concentration - and this one was no exception - my hard work made me miss the oldies leaving to go down for a BBQ at the bride's parents house in Tillsenburg. However I am quietly confident with a photo that i took, which i can't wait to show you all (still can't work out why this isn't working - i think that maybe my photos are too big? any ideas?).

The hotel we are in is great - big rooms, free wless internet, shops all real close, bar in the premisis and is also the location of the wedding reception tomorrow - so a short stumble home is all that's required. Also i really like the Canadian people, certainly much more than any americans i have met - they just seem to have so much more time for you.

After i had completed my spreadsheet me Chris Michelle and Cameron went to the bar where we drank and ate in between doing laundry (or probably more accurately visa versa). I washed my clothes twice due to a detergent mishap. An early night for all in exceitement of tomorrows wedding (mine is a little later as i wait for this damn washing!!!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb