musings


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Thunder Bay
February 28th 2013
Published: February 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

HI friends, I just wanted to share some of my musings with you.



Well, I left my notebook at home. So I will have to muse fresh. Here goes:



What shall i say? Lets talk about pain. How does one transmute pain; let it go? I guess you have to fully embrace it first, right? Don't deny it or block it away. That is easy to do if the pain is severe and won't go away! How to transcend it? First you recognize it, be with it, love it, and then see it as just that, pain: nothing more, nothing less. One friend said that this is just one part of you, if it is even you. It is a sensation just like pleasure and they are both impermanent. So letting go and not holding on to either is central to buddhist philosphy. One is to fo this with aversion and attraction, or attachment, as well, according to buddhism; to neither be averse or attached.



When you are with nature of mind you can see right through things. It is called seeing clearly. That is a good place to be! Seeing clearly and being open to things you don't recognize right away. Being open to suggestions from others and not rejecting it right away. Thorough investigation is required, first. Or at least some investigation! This is one of the seven factors of awakening, according to buddhism. Some of the others are rapture/joy called piti in the language of Pali. Mindfulness, relaxation/tranquility, concentration, equanimity, and energy are the others.

I gotto go. thanks all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb