The Grand Finale


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » St. Catherines
April 30th 2010
Published: April 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Davis on the JettyDavis on the JettyDavis on the Jetty

One of our stops throughout the day, in little Port Elgin.
STARTING LINE-UP: Ted, Davis, Lennon (1st half only), 154 million litres of water per minute

PITCH CONDITION: Seriously couldn't ask for better - sunny and warm ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

MATCH OVERVIEW: Team Ted certainly finished their current tour on a high.

PLAYER INFO: After an impressive first half, Lennon was given another rest while Ted and Davis ensured the team finished strongly. Although sadly, Lennon's jersey is due to be retired after his last day with the team on Friday.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Spent Wednesday morning briefly exploring pretty Parry Sound. Dug our toes into the sand on the tiny beach and blinked into the lovely sunshine.

- Took long way (as usual) to our pit-stop for the evening, with a lunch break at Owen Sound and a photo shoot at Port Elgin.

- Spent the night in urban St Catharines, which is only a short drive from drumroll.....................................................................NIAGARA FALLS!!!

- Spent whole of Thursday experiencing the Falls. What a day! The sun was shining, the sky was perfectly clear, it wasn't too crowded, and we got drenched. Sensational.

- Did the Maid of the Mist boat tour, which was great fun. Although Ted was none too happy with the rather unflattering plastic
The RapidsThe RapidsThe Rapids

Ted contemplates leaping into the Class 6 rapids on the "White Water Walk".
raincoats we had to wear! And his hair never forgave him for getting so wet from the spray.

- Also did the Journey Behind the Falls, which gives you an idea of the power of the water flinging itself over the edges- it is pretty loud back there. And wet.

- While strolling along beside the river, Team Ted decided to snack on a delicious cream cheese bagel. Mere seconds after taking it out of the bag, we were swooped upon by an extremely pushy seagull. He squawked and flapped at us (Rhettman - you would have been petrified!), so Ted heroically ducked and cowered while the cheeky fella snatched the entire half-bagel out of Davis' hand. It's ok though, only about 30 complete strangers witnessed it...and killed themselves laughing! So did we!

- Did a couple of the other classic touristy things, then had dinner along the brightly-lit tourist mecca of Clifton Hill which was pretty fun. Then Davis beat a less-than-impressed Ted at "glow in the dark" mini-golf...he must have had a dodgy putter...

- Wandered back to the Falls after the sun had gone down to see them all lit up. Absolutely sensational way to end
Drenched DavisDrenched DavisDrenched Davis

RD at the base of the Horseshoe Falls, looking super stylish.
our awesome trip. Now it is back to real life *sigh*.



SUMMARY: Well, it has been an incredible couple of weeks with lots of beautiful scenery, awesome people, great experiences and LOADS of laughs. Thanks for sharing it with us! Now it is on to the next chapter: jobs, flats and every day life in Toronto. Will keep you posted...whether you like it or not!

Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Drowned RatsDrowned Rats
Drowned Rats

Team Ted with both Falls (US on left of pic, Canadian on right) behind us.
Better than a pot of goldBetter than a pot of gold
Better than a pot of gold

Who knew Ted was the treasure at the end of a rainbow? The US falls are to the right of him, and the bridge over to New York state is behind.
Maid of the MistMaid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist

The boat we went on, takes you close enough to almost kiss the falls!
On The EdgeOn The Edge
On The Edge

Davis thinks about going for a swim...
Bright LightsBright Lights
Bright Lights

Ted fits right in to flashy downtown Niagara.


30th April 2010

Cooooooool
sooo looking forward to Niagra myself now! - so glad you had a great trip! xoxo.
30th April 2010

Wow, what an incredible experience, looks like it was soooo much fun! What a shame this journey has come to an end, but we look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for sharing your Canadian road-trip with us, the photos and stories are absolutely fantastic xoxoxo
1st May 2010

Yikes
Yep, I would definitely prefer going over the falls in a barrel rather than eat a bagel in front of that nasty seagull..!
1st May 2010

PS.
RE: The title to one of the photos - actually, rats are very good swimmers..!
2nd May 2010

Well I'll be! That was one greedy seagull. The nerve! I've actually never seen that happen before. I wonder if he was having a bad day ;) I'm so happy you had a fantastic trip! Good luck with job hunting, and flat hunting. I'm sure it will all work out ;) it was an absolute pleasure 'traveling' with you thru your updates. Thanx for taking the time :)
3rd May 2010

Haha thanks RhAttman
Ooops, sorry for perpetuating the myth Rhettman! But even rats would have been bloody soggy after that trip!
3rd May 2010

Greedy Gull
Oh he knew precisely what he was doing! He's done that plenty of times before, cheeky fella. Thanks for joining us and for your lovely comments. Will update when we actually have something to report! :o)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb