Winter here i come ! (Because winter is coming is such a game of thrones thing to say)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
November 19th 2014
Published: November 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So it has been several days since i last updated. Reasons for that? im lazy. haha no i was just busy with things like being sick.



So lets start with the last days in Montreal. I ended up hanging out with a guy for several days and we walked around town alot.

He just generally showed me things, like famous places to eat and the cinema's that actually showed movies in english.

And i learned about something interesting, Like how the state of Quebec wants to be separated from the rest of Canada cause they are so french and all. Which i think sounded like something typically french.. Anyway! aside from that i played glow in the dark midgetgolf, which i was..sort of okay at actually? Really i was slightly better than i expected even though its a totally lame thing to do, but i like lame things.

Lets see by wednesday morning i went on the train to Ottawa, saying goodbye to Montreal.

I really enjoyed Montreal aside from the fact that it was ultra french. The city was vibrant, had a million places to eat, lunch or drink coffee and there was just alot to do in general. I would definitely come back here someday to finish the exploring i started here.

Now just a little thing first. by last week monday i had really bad pains in my left ear. I imagined it felt like someone sort of messing around with a knife in your ear, which sounds more fun than it is 😊 It didn't really stop and i went googling. Of course i was pregnant/had cancer/ was gonna die in general because that always happens when u google your symptoms. After a little searching i came to the conclusion i must have a middle ear infection. And i thought to myself oh that is not the end of the world. Normally a midde ear infection progresses with pain and just having your ear blocked for several days. that is IF it progresses normally. If it doesn't you are in for way more fun. So wednesday i arrived at the train station and my new hosts were waiting there to pick me up ( with a balloon so i could recognize them, real sweet!) On the way to their house we talked a bit, and they mentioned i was dressed WAY too cold. And i thought to myself, oh i do that too at home. Walk with my jacket open in the winter. When we got to their house i said my ear was hurting pretty bad so i was gonna lay down for a while. By the time i went downstairs again Katia ( one of my hosts) said i really looked sick, like the left side of my face was just screwed up in pain kinda. So she said i really should go see a doctor. And i was like yeah, maybe. i might go tomorrow or something, its not that bad. And she was like no! We are going to bring u to a doctor now. So we went. The doctor's visit ended up costing me 170 dollars total(70 dollars visit and 100 dollars medicine SAY WHAT!?) No but my insurance company will pay it back so i got that going for me. Anyway the doctor said my infection was really really bad and that i needed medicine. So i spend my first few days in Ottawa getting used to the medicines since i don't ever use medicine. And ofcourse having a battle with my ear to get better.



After several days i started feeling better. Finally! So saturday i went out to downtown and walked around town with a guy that promised to show me around town. I saw the parliamentary building, the HUGE American embassy, the art museum from which the exterior was completely made out of glass and i wanted to see a cathedral that was close to it. But there was a wedding and i didn't really have the dress to go wedding crashing. Aside from that we just walked around town some more and we visited a comic-book store and a store full of games *JEEJ*.



Now! cash converters news report! So i tried finding a cash converters in Montreal and in Ottawa. And u know what? nothing. There was an address where there was supposed to be a cash converters in Ottawa and i went there, but there was nothing. And i was kinda sad since i really wanted the visit one. I mean i have seen over 20 different pawnshops in Montreal but no cash converters 😞 So the search continues...



Monday i also went out to downtown and saw my first Walmart which i was strangely excited about. i mean a store with everything? i just think that is kinda cool



Tuesday i met up with a girl and we went to a board game cafe. WHICH WAS EPIC. Seriously have u ever seen a wall with over 200 board games? I bet u haven't. Well i thought it was supercool. We played 2 boardgames, 1 where we had to work together to collect treasures and get off an island while it was sinking all around us. So u basically had to beat the game, which was a nice idea. and we won so HAHA take that board game. The other one was Pandemic, the famous game on mobile phones in which u kill of the world with a virus u develop yourself. My brother plays it a lot and keeps sending me pictures of weird names he thought up 😊

And they also had great food at the place. I ate a soup with potatoes and bacon so a pacon soup, which tasted great! And a sandwich with 3 types of cheese and meat, which basically ended up being my dinner cause it was very filling.



Now! just a few more things. Tomorrow im heading up north. I am headed towards Matheson. That is about 700km north of Ottawa. Is it cold up there? Yes it is. There is supposed to be about 20cm snow by now and the forecast for thursday is -17 with a feelings temperature of -21, so hurray :D Why am i going up there? I wanted to experience a real Canadian winter, and found someone on a site called workaway. A really nice lady that needs help around the house for the winter. I will be staying there for quite some time. so instead of winter is coming ill just go for winter here i come! Its kinda in the middle of nowhere, but there is supposed to be wifi so i shall update again ones im dying of the cold 😊



If you are still reading. great! Also i would love to hear how everyone in Holland is doing, so feel free to drop me a message here or just whatsapp me. DONT BE A STRANGER. Okay bye now im gonna pack up some more stuff and enjoy my last day in Ottawa 😊

Advertisement



24th November 2014

Wij leven met je mee...Isauré
Dag wereld-ontdekster, Jij hebt je 1e avontuurlijke-ontdekkings-ervaringen al opgedaan en ook nog eens te maken gekregen met winterse omstandigheden. En... helaas ook nog te maken gekregen met een vervelende midden-oor-ontsteking. Fijn dat je die weer te boven bent. Inmiddels je boeiende reis-verhalen met aandacht gelezen. Mocht je tussendoor wat tijd over hebben, dan kun je al vast in conceptvorm een sollicitatiebrief schrijven en die t.z.t droppen bij een uitgever! Wij zitten hier volop in de herfst en de bladeren vliegen je letterlijk om de oren. En de 1e lichte nachtvorst ligt ook al weer achter ons. Dus thermostaat in een wat hogere stand, lekker glas port erbij en optimaal en gezellig genieten van de sfeer. Wij volgen je reisverslagen vanaf nu met grote interesse en laten zo nu zeker wat van ons horen. Wij wensen je alle goeds en fantastistische reis-ervaringen toe. Groetjes en liefs van oma en opa Tieben.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb