In Tasmina...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 20th 2014
Published: February 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

G'Day mates

February 18: Our morning started with a 3:45am wakeup to catch our 6am flight to Melbourne then on to Launceston, Tasmania. The view flying into Tasminia was beautiful with teal water and white sand then to rolling mountain ranges then flat farm land. Arriving at 10:30am we picked up our rental car then off to our Inn.

Our home for the next two nights is The Old Bakery Inn built in 1883 it is full of antiques and lots of history really amazing place. Our first sight seeing stop was the Cataract Gorge Reserve...after a 20 minute climb up the Zig Zag Track, we came to the gorge with a waterfall. Then we headed to the Alexandra swinging suspension bridge and continued walking through forest with some of the largest trees I've ever seen.

The gorge has very rugged rock cliffs and plenty of local vegetation. The gorge is suspectable to flooding, and you can see where the water has smoothed out the rocks. The cliffs are perfect for rock climbing and even took in a couple of people doing just that... after we left the gorge we headed out to check out the local area, with it marina built on reclaimed land and then into the town it's very ornate building.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 4; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb