Tasminia - Day 2


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
February 20th 2014
Published: February 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

G'Day mates

February 19: Today we headed out by car to the Tamar Valley and Mole Creek about an hour outside Launceston. Our first stop was a Tasmania Devil Research reserve for a quick stop and a little history on the Tasmanian Devil. Then it was off theMarakoopa Caves oneof 300 caves and sink holes in the Mole Creek area.

We saw some of the most beautiful cave formation we've ever seen. This cave also has glow worms which are very cool a small larvra that clings to the ceiing of the cave and lights up when they are looking for food and a mate. This cave was one of three places inthe wolrd that glow worms can be found. They stay in this cocoon state for 15 months then turn into a fly and only lives for 3 to 5 days.

After the caves we headed to Sheffield a town in the Tamar Valley where we found beautiful murals painted on almost every building after a walk throught town we headed to Latrobe where we stopped at a Cherry shop and enjoyed some fresh cherries then off to a cheese factory. Then we headed back towards Launceston and our Inn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb