Sydney, Australia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Ottawa
April 21st 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sydney, AustraliaSydney, AustraliaSydney, Australia

Archibald Fountain Hyde Park
G'Day mates:
Well we've been busy since leaving Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. Arriving back in Sydney mid-afternoon Tuesday we got cleaned up and headed to Manley Harbour via a 35 minute ferry ride via the Sydney harbour. Our first spot was the Manley beach where we watched the surfers riding the waves and walked along the beach boardwalk. Then we headed back to Sydney to see the city at night from the ferry.
Wednesday morning was a monorail ride to Paddy's Market, a Sydney landmark since 1834. At this market you can find a bargain on everything from fruit and veggies to t-shirts and Uggs. Then it was off to Hyde Park to see Archibald Fountain (commerates the alliance of Australia and Fance during the First World War and then to ANZAC memorial - Sydney's most important monument to their fallen soldiers. Then it was off to Darling Harbour and the Sydney Aquarium with its under water walkways so you can have sharks, stingrays and other fish swim above you, there is also a floor to ceiling fish tank below sea level where you can watch the fish.
Thursday morning was the Sydney Opera House tour... what a beautiful building
Sydney, AustraliaSydney, AustraliaSydney, Australia

Viewing the sharks...
inside and out. Then it was on a local bus to Bondi Beach 1.5 km of beautiful golden fine sand and one of the most best known beaches in the world. Even though it is Autumn here there were still lots of people enjoying the 27 C sunny weather.
Where have the last five weeks gone...? So many experiences, so many places, good friendships rekindled, so many memories... (and so many photos to edit).

Signing off from DOWNUNDER

(PS: Fred is sipping on his last Bundy in Australia)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sydney, AustraliaSydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia

Sydney Opera house
Bondi, AustraliaBondi, Australia
Bondi, Australia

Bondi Beach


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb