The Adventure Begins!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Oakville
June 1st 2014
Published: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Adventure Begins! We are in our hotel and we are exploring our city. However, that city is Oakville and we are 3 kilometres from our home! A little background - we have rented our house to a lovely gentleman and his children. We originally wanted a closing date of July 1st, but he needed to move in on June 1st. So, we agreed and made arrangements to move into a Holiday Inn for the month of June until we could move up to our cottage for the summer.

The month of May has been chaotic - finding insurance for the house and cottage, organizing a going away party for Elizabeth and Jack, donating hundreds of pounds of toys and clothes to nearby charities, clearing out furniture in Elizabeth's room, emptying dressers and closets...the list is endless. However, we finally made it. Our house is as generic as it can be - gone are the family pictures and everything that made our house on Stillmeadow Road our home.

Our dear friends, Jeff and Pam, volunteered to take Maggie for the month of June because we can't take her into the hotel. They are also the saints who have said they would take Maggie for the year while we are away - that is if she behaves herself and doesn't get kicked out of "day care".

Brent and Sophia volunteered to take the Turner children for the night on Saturday so Paul and I could finish up our packing at the house. The kids had a blast and I am not sure they wanted to come home!

As we packed up this morning, I wept a few tears and thought "What ON EARTH are we DOING???" We have been planning this since 2009 and it is almost incomprehensible that our departure date is almost here. I also wept as we left the house. This is the home we have created for ourselves, our dog Maggie (our first born), and our two beautiful children! This is the only home they have ever known and now we are taking them away from it. But, I know deep down in my heart that this is the BEST thing for us to do. We will all learn so much and I hope that we will truly say that this year was life changing.

So, goodbye Stillmeadow Road! Hello world!

Advertisement



2nd June 2014

Big steps!
We shall not cease from exploring, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and to know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot.
2nd June 2014

My favourite quotation!
Love Mr. Eliot!
3rd June 2014

Let's call it a Grand Jete!
Isn't it empowering to know that you have so much control over your own destiny? In many ways I envy you, Jenn. All the best as you leap into this creative risk.
4th June 2014

I love the name!
Thank you, my friend! Totally excited and terrified at the same time!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb