Travel


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Mississauga
September 28th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Virgin seats 2D and 2FVirgin seats 2D and 2FVirgin seats 2D and 2F

Comfortable accommodations. Drinks service a little slow but friendly staff and good food.
Geo: 43.68, -79.6099

A 26-hour door-to-door journey to Toronto. The Virgin 737 to LAX had a new fit-out and the business class accommodation was very comfortable. There are now several pockets and storage areas with pop-up lids and charging points. Although we were side-by-side, the enclosures do make you feel isolated from each other.

Had a bit of a run-around in LAX. We arrived in Terminal 4 then had to go to Delta check-in at Terminal 2 to change our onward seating. Then on to the Delta Lounge in Terminal 5 for the four-hour layover, then back to Terminal 2 to board the plane for Toronto. Fortunately we got the hang of the regular shuttle buses, because it was quite warm (even at 7am) and walking the 15 minutes or so to each terminal would have become a chore.

Also we were (wrongly) told by an attendant that we needed an immigration form to get final clearance to leave Terminal 4. After leaving Robyn in the queue to mind our bags I had a stressful gallop back the immigration area to find the booth where our form had been retained by the officer. I found him and he assured me we did not need the form and he sent me back! Luckily he was proved correct. We were grateful that our checked luggage survived the transfers and arrived on time in Toronto.

Advertisement



29th September 2016

Gawd is this in a plane? How amazing. Glad you were comfortable. Needed it for all the stressful manoeuvres upon alighting! One has to have ones wits about yourself and mobility, to travel overseas!
7th October 2016

:) I'm guessing you didn't get these seats through a GroupOn voucher. I'm with you...who needs to go economy at our stage of life !! Enjoy your trip !!
7th October 2016

A smart travel agent once cleverly told us: "If you are retired and can afford to fly up the front and don't - then your children will!" Sage advice...

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb