New Year's with the LBDT!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » London
December 31st 2005
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The ladies on the busThe ladies on the busThe ladies on the bus

Yep, that's right, we bused it to the bar!
Let's just begin with this year's New Year invitation, compliments of Phil:
"I would like to cordially invite any and all persons, loved ones, and mistress's to attend a new year's eve celebration in the great city of London Ontario. Mind you this is merely a suggestion, let me remind you that my proposal includes: extreme drunkiness/rowdiness, nudity, table dancing, a copulous amount of champagne, attendance at one of londons numerous drinking holes to ring in the new year with a followup performance at the 919 waterloo street residence where i reside to watch people drop like flies."

That being read, I think it is much easier for people to understand the kind of New Year's I had. Once again, New Year's was out of control and a lot of fun!

The evening began at Hailey's work, where I was to meet up with her before heading to her new house. I arrived only to learn that before returning home we would be doing shots in the back of her salon once the place closed for the night... very nice start! After that we went straight to her place where Kristie, Sabine and friends joined us in getting ready. I truely think that getting ready with the other girls is the best part of going out... drinking and girl talk, does it get any better?

Once at the bar we met up with all the guys... who were in pretty good shape considering only one or two of them were experiencing difficulties standing. The night was full of decent music (wasn't a fan when they played 2 or 3 country songs), and drinks. Good times! Okay, here's where I think I am getting old because by the time the count down for the new year began I was pretty tired, and not quite as genki... but everyone welcomed the new year with hugs and kisses and then continued right back to the dance floor.

The rest of the night was great until it came time for Hailey and I to catch a cab home. Basically, there were no cabs.  We tried flagging down every one we saw... Hailey even tried to convince some man who was picking up his daughter from the bar to drive us home... no luck. Finally we came across a very nice looking town car that had a very drunk lady in the passenger seat. Thank goodness for drunken generosity because when we poked our heads into the window the lady must have felt bad for us, because she said it was no problem, we could just jump in the backseat with her sober (and possibly a little ticked off) husband! Hahah... we jumped right in! The hired driver thought this was a little strange at first, but after we offered to give him some money he thought it was a great idea and we were delivered home safely.

Loved it that I could begin 2006 with all my Barrie friends!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb