Days 10 to 18


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Sidney
September 10th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I flew home Friday morning from Deer Lake to be with family and friends for Uncle Cec's memorial. It was a great celebration of his fabulous life. The rest of the time I travelled around visiting the rest of the family and friends. Flew back into Sidney, NS. to join the team again. While I was away they had a great time finishing up Newfoundland. Hank went ziplining in Cornerbrook. Some went on boat tours in Gros morne park. I will just have to return to experience what I missed! I got a really warm welcome back from the team! Beautiful vase of flowers and a card in my room!
Next day was right back at it. Jake and I had 2 groups of Medal Bearers in North Sidney and Sidney. Great groups of amazing people. We finished the day at the Sidney Harbour. Sun was shining and we had a fantastic band called the Privateers playing for us.
Day 17 was an event day. The medal went scuba diving across the harbour. There was an event at Fort Louisberg. Our team set up a display at the Mayflower Mall. The final event was at Membertou First Nations. At the mall, I was talking to a gentleman who was a superintendent at the docks in North Sidney when Rick arrived 25 years ago. He purchased one of the grey sweatshirts they were selling to raise funds and he still has it in the package! Later in the afternoon, Dawn and I went for a walk to the cruise ship terminal and around town. We saw some interesting sites. The sunset that night was beautiful. We had a great view from our room.
Day 18 was a day off, but we all got together and headed over to a skate board park. The place was a mess. There were about 22 of us. In less than 2 hours we had picked up all the garbage. There were over 20 bags. We managed to get a few of the kids to help. We bbq 'ed burgers and dogs. The kids had no problem joining in on the eating part of the day! Hopefully we made an impression on at least 1 or 2 or them. I think we did! We all had a good time as usual! Tomorrow we leave Sidney and move onto St. Peters. It's going to start getting busier. No days off now for about 2 weeks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb