The Titanic Exhibit and ...Good-bye Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
September 27th 2019
Published: September 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Last Day in Canada:



Well, technically we are leaving Canada in the morning as tonight we fly from Halifax back to Montreal this evening. Then tomorrow, an early flight to Minneapolis on to Salt Lake City and finally Fresno, California. We have loved this trip. This morning we went back over the bridge to the wharf area of Halifax and the Maritime Museum with its amazing artifacts from shipwrecks to sailboats to just about anything on the water. We were most interested in the Titanic Exhibit. They have so many artifacts from the ship itself and the story of course, is sobering. It is a world class museum and everything was so interesting including the couple of films on the Titanic and the Cape Breton area.

After the Titanic exhibit we walked down the wharf are to a great restaurant with views of the bay. It was so beautiful that we were able to sit in the sun outside. Our last chance at fish chowder and fish and chips, fresh from the sea. As we walk back to our car, we notice a demonstration going on, up the street. It turns out to be a climate change demonstration. So glad so many young people are aware. We noticed in these provinces we were always given paper straws and next year they are outlawing plastic bags.

We're back at our hotel and packing up for our trip to Montreal in a couple of hours.

Thought I'd take this time to make a few comments based on the questions that we have received.... ;-)

1) We have received exceptional customer service this entire trip. Whether it is just a person on the street that we ask for directions, or hotel staff, Rail Canada staff, shopkeepers or tour guides. It has been amazing. At this hotel outside of Halifax, I asked when we checked in, if I could get some extra decaf coffees. 10 minutes later when we got to our room, they had already been delivered! ;-) And... the housekeepers write you nice notes!

2) We found a new plug to carry with us and it has been a life saver. I'll put a picture in this blog. It has a place for 2 regular plugs as well as a place for 2 USB ports. We were even able to use it on the train. We also carry 2 small back up chargers for the phones. These have come in so handy, especially on the long day to Quebec City.

3) Yes, virtually everyone speaks English as well as French. We didn't have any problems at all.

4) We are still about a week or two early for the truly vibrant fall colors. We are told that with the warming climate the leaves are changing later and later.

So, we bid au revoir to Eastern Canada. Hope you enjoyed coming with us ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb