Day 7 - Martins Point to Linwood, Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Antigonish
June 18th 2023
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

First of all Happy Father's Day to all of you dad's out there. Last night was filled with lightning, thunder and heavy rain. I just love the sound of the rain hitting the roof of the RV, it reminds me of my younger years when we stayed at our farm during the summer months. By morning the rain had slowed down considerably and we decided to have a leisurely start to the day. Of course, being it was Father's Day I treated Ray by making one of his favorite breakfasts, eggs and hash. We hit the road around 10, and by then the rain was just a drizzle. The drive was quite uneventful, I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but the roads here, except for the major cities are quite uncrowded. There are signs advising to only use the passing lane for passing, and can you believe it, people actually do it! The other thing is you very rarely see excessive speeding. It is quite a pleasant experience. People here are also over the top friendly, and go above and beyond. No sure what the big cities are like, but the outskirts are incredible.

We jumped off the highway in Halifax to hit a Walmart for a few items. We found the prices to be lower here than our last stop for groceries. The only item we are having a problem restocking is wine. It is not like the states, here you can only buy alcoholic items at the government liquor stores. We are down to our last 1/2 bottle, so hoping to find one tomorrow. After checking into our campground, which will be home base for the next two nights, we relaxed a bit and Ray was able to take his Father's Day calls from his sons. This is probably the first time that he has been away for his special day.



Sorry for the lack of pictures today. This was really just a relocation day spent driving in the rain. Hopefully, there will be plenty of them tomorrow. We know you enjoy viewing them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb