2018 Newfoundland and Labrador


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our tour is winding down : ( We returned to Deer Lake and then headed east southeast. Riding through empty forest we often think of Lapland. As we’ve headed in a more southerly direction, we’ve lost our wonderful tailwind and along with the now headwind, long climbs and temps into the 80’s.

We stalled in Grandfalls-Windsor for three days when Anna’s vertigo kicked in and she couldn’t ride. I took the opportunity to go into town for a haircut one day and what fun it was! A small old time barber shop. Locals coming in to gossip and joke and they brought me right into their conversations as if i were an old time local myself!

We’ve been dodging rain and when we miss and end up soaked we’ve been reasonably lucky at finding a Motel or efficiency to dry out in and rest up. Especially like after a miscalculation on my part we ended up riding for 6 1/2 hours! Unfortunately as we get closer to St John’s, the traffic has picked up and there are no side roads to use to get off the highway. Today was the worst when we took off not thinking about Sunday traffic and we got caught in the rain with all the traffic sending up a rain storm of their own. We pulled into a farm stand to wait out one down pour and the owner invited us to roll our bikes right into his small green house!

Not much longer though, I made our reservations today for the ferry from Argentia back to North Sydney.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb