St John's visit - taking the bad with the good


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Can't seem to find the right location when doing the blog!! Just an update, using the computer in the hotel where we decided to take a nite off from camping, in Marystown. Nixed the idea of visiting France. Weather foggy, with drizzle and need to take a break! Have uploaded some new pics (check them out). Also have calculated that we have done over 2500 miles to date. Yes, the butts are getting a little sore now!! See you again soon!

****Me again. I am at a Human Resources office in St John's, using their computer, but it won't let me create a new entry - will add to the one before this.

It is now Monday August 9th. Down the road, at the Honda dealership is our motorcycle, getting a new front tire. Sat nite we experience a not so nice side of travelling - the bike cover was cut and ripped open (likely looking for helmets) and the front tire was slashed. Pat was able to plug it, get some air in it so we could get it over to the dealership.

Yes, taking the bad with the good is something we can all do better at. Won't let one (or more) bad apple spoil the magnificent visit we have had so far. We arrived in St John's Fri afternoon and stayed 3 nites in the student residences at Memorial University. (This is where the bike was vandalized). Twin beds, shared washrooms, yes, felt like being young again, except most of the other visitors were also mature like us!

Saturday we ventured to Signal Hill. This city inspires me to be physically active more! I give a lot of people credit who get around by bicycle! The fog rolled in but a fantastic view of the harbour and the city was granted for a short time. Next we checked out Cape Spear. The temp dropped 10 degrees and the wind howled away. The big treat here was being able to see passing whales. They would surface and blow their air out before going back down again. Camera malfunctioned here (due to dead batteries) so only a few pics.

Being bike-less on Sunday meant we were able to catch up on laundry, hang out and relax and walked down the road to the Avalon Mall to see a funny movie. It is almost noon, hoping to get back on the road and start our westward journey toward home. Will get some pics on here soon!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb