Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Again


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Saint John
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The Simpsons!The Simpsons!The Simpsons!

These people have just about every Simpson character in their yard. I loved it but I bet their neighbors don't.
September 22, 2013

Drove off the Atlantic Vision ferry in North Sydney around 9:30 AM, gaining a half hour by arriving back in Nova Scotia. The 16 hour ferry crossing from Newfoundland was smooth and our cabin berths were very comfortable, we both slept well. Got a note from Joe's sister saying that his mom said that Joe was in Gander, Newfoundland, on a flight refueling stop on their way to Europe in 1951. So this was Joes' second trip to Newfoundland.

In Baddeck, Nova Scotia, we stopped at the Alexander Graham Bell Historic Site. This was his summer home and there are about 15 acres of beautiful grounds devoted to Bell.

We stopped in the town of Pictou to look at the high quality knives that are made there.

Joe has been seeing these McDonald's signs along the road advertising "McLobster." So, we finally stopped at a McDonalds in Antigonish, NS, to see what they were. They were surprisingly good lobster rolls with pretty big chunks of lobster in them and only $6 which is cheap in Canada. We may be seeing these in the U.S., too, so we'll surely have more.

Our other stop today was in the historic town of Amherst. There was a concert going on in the park and another one inside the old church we toured.

As we drove away from the coast into New Brunswick today, we saw quite a bit of fall color. We also motored through about an hour of pouring rain right before we came into St. John, NB to our hotel. Looks like we may be in Canada only one more day. Forecast is for more and more rain which may cause us to change our plans to go to Grand Manan Island tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Amherst Government BuildingAmherst Government Building
Amherst Government Building

The buildings in this town were so interesting.
Amherst Baptist ChurchAmherst Baptist Church
Amherst Baptist Church

Can't figure out how Joe can stand like this.
Amherst Baptist ChurchAmherst Baptist Church
Amherst Baptist Church

They were having a fund-raising concert for their food bank, so we contributed.


23rd September 2013

Familair
The Alexander Graham Bell site is familiar. We, too, found a tinge of color beginning to show fall's colors. Unfortunately, we were not there for the height of color, but enough to enjoy. Lois

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb