Moncton Kia and Indian cuisine


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Moncton
August 6th 2011
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up in a sweltering hotel room....ya...we were dolts and had the heat on by accident. This trip has taught us a lot of useful things for future travel like how to work room keys, crazy fast elevators, crazy slow elevators, you can order a cot if they only give you 2 single beds by accident (Ottawa), that not all pubs in Montreal serve food, that restuarants close a bit earlier, that parking isn't always available and isn't always close to where you're staying, that downtown Toronto traffic is insane, that Montreal drivers change lanes without giving you much time to react, that not everyone can speak english in Quebec but just making the effort is what they appreciate even if they are laughing behind your back, that some hotel rooms have faulty hairdryers that will blow up on you and create a billow of smoke and there's no sign that says don't use the broken one but this spare one etc. It's all a learning experience that we totally appreciate regardless. So today we went to Moncton Kia where we met the fun and fabulous Sales Manager Krist Dupis. They had the food donations in a car which was a very cool idea! They had the trunk open and it was filled plus the inside! They are going to keep collecting food up until Wednesday which I thought was a very cool idea. Krista said that they all were so excited to do the food drive and her energy and positive attitude was infectious!! After some pics and chit chatting we then went back to the hotel. We worked on uploading some of our pics and videos. Jenn and I then went to go explore Moncton. We ended up stumbling upon a cool Indian Restuaraunt called Asian Garden - go there if you can delicious! We walked down Main Street and checked out some cool local pubs and stores. Moncton is a very chill and laid back town. The people are very friendly and a lot of them stopped to chat with us about our food drive when they saw the car. They also had to notice my licence plate...it spells BEWB (and three #'s) after it so it's not a vanity plate by any means...haha but they got a kick out of it. When we pulled into the hotel parkade I saw the most disturbing sight on our trip so far....HUGE $%&*&#$% SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a MASSIVE WEB....NO like 100 MASSIVE WEBS...ok maybe only 3 but the spiders in Moncton are on steroids! Jenn and I thought there were in our hair so we instantly had to wash our hair!!!!! BEWARE OF MONCTON SPIDERS!!!! Jus sayin'!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Huge spiders in the parkade!Huge spiders in the parkade!
Huge spiders in the parkade!

These spiders were hanging out in our parkade. We were so scared that the ones on the ceiling were going to drop on us. We ran out screaming!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb