Visit with Family


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Miramichi
September 20th 2006
Published: September 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sept21_2006


Sunset on the Miramichi RiverSunset on the Miramichi RiverSunset on the Miramichi River

Cannon was looking out the window of the hotel and snapped this picture. Beautiful sunset!
We stopped by Uncle Ray's in Bay du Vin this morning and had a lovely visit. We met Ray's daughter whom we did not know and then went to Point aux Carr for a few hours to see Uncle Eddie and Aunt Jessie. They live on the farm where Grandfather MacDonald and Catherine lived for years.

After the visit we decided to pay our respects and headed to the cemetery where Grandfather MacDonald is buried (Protestant cemetery) and the Catholic cemetery where Catherine is buried. This is our first visit up in a couple of years and Catherine passed away during that time at the ripe old age of 104. Imagine! Two years ago, Cannon had played a tune on his flute for Catherine and so he thought it appropriate that he play a song for her graveside. It was very nice.

It started to rain about mid-day and considering that it was about 40 degrees it did seem a little chilly for us Floridians. We love it up here, though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Gerry, Uncle Ray, Cannon, MarilynGerry, Uncle Ray, Cannon, Marilyn
Gerry, Uncle Ray, Cannon, Marilyn

Spent part of the afternoon visiting with Uncle Ray and cousin Marilyn. We had a lovely time catching up.
Miramichi Bridge at NightMiramichi Bridge at Night
Miramichi Bridge at Night

Although it was getting dark outside we decided to try the night landscape mode out on the new camera. We couldn't have asked for a better shot. Even the lights on the bridge are visible.
Time Spent at Uncle EddieTime Spent at Uncle Eddie
Time Spent at Uncle Eddie

Thank goodness for portable entertainment!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb