Rainy Day in Alma


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Fundy National Park
September 29th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Rainy day



The pitter patter of rain on the roof was soothing and we slept in til 8 am. I jumped up and said “It’s high tide, we have to go to town”. Then I checked the tide schedule and high tide was 12:08pm so we had lots of time for coffee/tea.

There was a little break in the showers so Oscar went out very quickly. We listened to music, had coffee, played on the computer and plotted our day as it promised to get worse.

The showers indoors got a very good rating this morning. We had breakfast in town then walked down to see the condition of the fishing fleet. It was ½ hour from high tide and the water was really high already. Pictures

What do women do on a rainy day, shop! So we hit every store in town, all 5 of them. Then it was up the hill to the Fundy Park Headquarters to see what was there then took a drive in the park to see what sights we could see without getting soaked because the rain had gotten serious by then. Wolf Point had a beautiful picnic area and a covered bridge over Wolf River. The area had a saw mill there for almost 100 years starting in 1821. They floated the logs down the river and had a dam to contain the logs til they were milled. Now the trees have taken over and not much remains of the past.

Back into town then back to the camper where Oscar met us enthusiastically.

We had hot chocolate then Marg napped while I plotted my course for tomorrow, Marg is heading back to Bangor, ME airport and I am heading to Nova Scotia.

It was a movie afternoon and the campground has both vhs and cds available to borrow. I have both machines so we had a lot to pick from. After the movie it was time for dinner so we drove the 2 blocks to Saparano’s, a pizza place with an interesting theme. There were posters of the Saparanos and other mob kingpins, made it interesting waiting.

Back at the ranch we caught up on internet stuff and watched movies til it was bed time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 102; dbt: 0.1792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb