Days 19 & 20 - Sept. 12th-13th -Driving to Fundy


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Fundy National Park
September 17th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

World longest covered bridgeWorld longest covered bridgeWorld longest covered bridge

In Hartland New Brunswick spanning the Saint John River
When we left Quebec we were headed to Fundy Nat'l Park in New Brunswick. At Hartland we took a detour to see the longest covered Bridge at 1,282 ft long. We took a few pictures, but it was being worked on so it was closed. We passed a few more covered bridges on the way to Woodstock, where we decided to camp for the night.

When we woke, we were over looking a nice river right by an old bridge....the kids took some time inthe morning to play at the park and pick so wild apples. After breakfast we drove on to Saint John, New Brunswick's biggest city at the mouth of the Saint John River. There we saw the Reversing Falls Rapids.....but we weren't there at the best time so - it only kinda' looked to be maybe going unhill sort of.....
But we did see two seals in he water there.

After that we went to the Fundy Nat'l park got over spot set up and headed right up the road to Alma, where we found the Fundy Bay "Home of the World's Highest Tides". We were able to walk out quite a bit before even
Woodstock, New BrunswickWoodstock, New BrunswickWoodstock, New Brunswick

where we woke up last Sunday
reaching the water line, we made it just in time for the full low tide that day. There where boat at a dock that was completely dry, but 6 hours later will be quite deep. The tide can be as high as 50 ft is some places...it goes out fast and comes in fast, people have been caught on sand bars as the tide comes in too fast to notice before they are stuck......lucky we didn't wait that long.

We took a hike into the park to find a waterfall, this whole area has tons of them. We found Dickson Falls after a nice hike into the woods making it out right as it was getting dark.

We stopped by the Fundy Shores to see high tide before driving on to P.E.I. in the morning. It was amasing to see the difference in the water levels. The boats were floating again even where we had walked just the day before. And that maker was so far out in the water it seemed hard to believe we walked out that far.
The weather turned misty and breezy as we drove on to our next spot.






Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

a foggy day in Saint Johna foggy day in Saint John
a foggy day in Saint John

look a little waterfall
Where are all the mooseWhere are all the moose
Where are all the moose

It looks like the Moose here are bigger then the cars....these sign and others are everywhere, but we not finding any...ok one night while driving realy late, I saw what could hav been a moose eating grass in the ditch...but It could have been I was just tired.
Nice views all roundNice views all round
Nice views all round

This is where we hike in the woods in search of a waterfall


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb