In to New Brunswick


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Fredericton
September 20th 2019
Published: September 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We left Truro and headed toward New Brunswick. Our first stop was a place called Hopewell Rocks. This area has the highest tides in the world. The tide change the day we were there was 39 feet. At low tide you could walk out 200 yards from the beach onto the sea bottom. At high tide the beach was under 6 feet of water. We happened to get there as the tide was coming in. The guide said it raised about a foot every 10 minutes. So we didn't get to sea the sea bottom. After that we drove into Fundy National Park. We found a nice trail to a waterfall and I hiked it. Stacy stayed at the car. We then drove to Sussex and spent the night in a classic 1950's motel. Very simple, but clean, run by a nice Korean couple. Then it was on to St. John for some sightseeing. We stopped at Lepreau Falls for a look and then on to St. Andrews, a cute fishing village. We ended up in St. Steven's for the night. We stayed in Blaire House B&B, which was built in the mid 1800's. The town of St. Steven's is right across the river from the U.S.A.

This morning we left St. Steven's and drove to Kings Landing. This is a historic settlement with docents in period costumes in houses from the early 1800's. It was a beautiful sunny day as you can see by the photos. We then drove to Fredericton for the night. We visited the Christ Church Cathedral and drove along the Garrison Historic District.

Tomorrow we drive to Prince Edward Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Hopewell RocksHopewell Rocks
Hopewell Rocks

The water is always brown from the sediment


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb