Banf National Park 2008


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » National Parks » Banff
July 14th 2008
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I thought that I would tell you a little about our trip to Banf National Park. We flew from Texas and 100 degree weather and landed in Calgary with rain and 50 degree weather. We rented a car and headed out to Harvey Heights. This very small dot on the road is between Canmore and the Banf National Park Gate. We stayed at the Banf Boudary Lodge. This place was very clean and quiet. It had a nice indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, and work out room. I would stay there again.

Banf National park in incredable. Colorado is a beautiful state, but it has nothing on this place. Every direction you look you see a beautiful backdrop. The scenery is not the only attraction. There is wildlife around every corner. We saw mule deer, Elk, and brown bears inside the park. We drove up to Jasper National Park as well. While in Jasper we were able to explore the glacier. The Columbia Icefield Adventure is awesome and well worth the time. Of corse when you see Banf, you need to see Lake Louise and Lake Moraine. Both are beautiful.

While in Banf I was disapointed that we were not seeing any Big Horn Sheep. I asked a local peace officer and he told us to go down a road called Bow Valley Trail which is not inside Banf. We drove to where he said and we saw plenty of sheep. I found out later a place to see Moose, but it was too late to go see them. If you are missing wildlife, ask a local for some direction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 213, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb