Third Day Thrills


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
December 23rd 2014
Published: December 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up fairly sore from our day of walking yesterday but powered on.

We started our day with 'FlyOver Canada', which was absolutely unreal. It's a curved and slopped iMax screen where the seats lift and move forward to give the impression you are flying. From here it flys you over the whole of the country with water spraying you when appropriate. It was a fantastic way to see the regions of the country you can't make it to. We nearly decided to do it again it was the good But decided against it.

We then visited the Vancouver lookout which stands 180 metre about the city and gives 360 degree views. It was great to learn a bit about the history of the place and interesting to note that Vancover is younger than Sydney even though it's connected to the American mainland. Ryan continually quizzed the employees with questions they had to google to find answered to. Of note it was interesting to know that the Canadian flag we know now only replaced the Union Jack in 1965. Ryan than confused the lady when asking where we could hire a 'push bike' from which caused an awkward pause will they decoded the slang.

In the afternoon we hired bikes and rode the 10km around Stanley Park. Some of the views were breathtaking and we were treated by seeing some raccoons feeding then a small squirall searching for food.

The Vancouver Canucks were playing a home game again so the town was alive tonight. We went to a sports burger dinner which had great atmosphere without being crowded. You knew everyone was watching the game by the cheers everytime the Canucks scored.

We have included a picture of Gastown from above. It the the oldest section of Vancover which is distinguished easily by the change of the footpaths. They are all single bricks which prove a great effect the whole way through. Gastown was the first development area which developed around a saloon where the owner was know to talk a lot and got the name 'Gasy Jack'.

Tomorrow morning we fly to Calgary where we go directly to Banff and will catch up and have dinner with Theresa's cousin Ash and her partner Richie. We have been very lucky with the weather as the last two days have been rain free, which is the first time in a long time. The people of Vancouver have all been friendly and we would recommend this place to anyone looking to travel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb