Day 39 - Dawson Creek


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 8th 2013
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Since the weather is supposed to be bad all day tomorrow (thunderstorms) we decided today we should tour the city. We headed to the center of town and found the spot where the Alaska Highway started, it's called "Mile 0". At the Alaskan Highway Museum we watched a 30 minute movie on how they constructed the highway 70 years ago. The US Army and Corp of Engineers were pretty hardy men back then. All for the defense of the US via protecting Alaska. Then we went to the Visitor's Center to check out information about Dawson Creek. The population is only 12,000, but with all of the oil field workers in town the real population is above 50,000. Once we saw the sights we went to Walmart and Safeway to stock up. The understanding is there is only 2 Walmart's & Safeway's over the next 1400 miles. I have every nook and cranny filled in our trailer with food & supplies to last us. You have to hold your breath when you open the pantry door. Our hope is we can remember where we put everything when we need it. Now is when I really wish we had a bigger RV. Tonight is laundry night ($3 each wash & $2 each dry). You will be totally impressed with my activities tomorrow. HA!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb