Last day at sea


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 31st 2018
Published: September 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our last day at sea! The clocks went ahead an hour last night. We attended the illusionist show in the Main Stage last night. We went early enough to get good seats in row 3. The kids were hoping to be chosen as an assistant and although they came close, they didn’t get picked. The show was very entertaining. The fellow was Leon Etienne- check him out on YouTube. He did some great card tricks as well as cutting his assistant in half!

Last night turned out to be another unusual night. Grandma woke up about 3:00 to the terrible smell again and she put on her robe and went to Guest Services again. They came to check out the smell and then dispatched crews to clear it out again. She had to go outside on the pool deck to clear her head. The rest of us slept through all of this once again. When we woke up at 8:30, the door was gone. Later in the morning they delivered a very apologetic letter for the inconvenience and gave us a $250.00 credit to our on board account. That helped, since on our first day we discovered some previously “unmentioned charges” that were charged to our on board account every day....$13.50 US per person per day for crew “gratuities”. That was an unexpected $54.00 US per day! The credit helped lower that cost thankfully.

Jack went up to Club Hall to play some games with his new friend, Callum. Talia and I went to the Explorers Lounge to play some games and look for whales. Later we “signed Jack” out of Club Hal and he joined us. He and Talia then settled in to play chess.

We spent another 2 hours in the pool again this afternoon before having our last dinner in the dining room. The kids went back to Club Hal and we relaxed with a glass of wine and watched the scenery as we cruised down the inside passage.

It is an early morning tomorrow as we disembark at 8:45. Our suitcases are all packed up and sitting outside our stateroom. They will be picked up after midnight and we pick them up in the terminal. We are “grey group #2” and we get off between 8:45 and 9:00. We will catch a taxi to the ferry in the morning and hopefully be home before noon after a wonderful cruising holiday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb