Whistler on a sunny day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
February 19th 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

These photos tell it all, really. But a few words cant hurt.
We headed up to Whistler on one of their busiest days. All the indications for crowds were there - Presidents day in the US, weekend, fresh powder and sunshine - we should have known. The line up for the Blackcomb chairlift ran down into the village. Nevertheless, no matter how many hundreds, or thousands, of people were there that day, we still felt like we got a piece of untouched snow. Whistler/Blackcomb is so big, crowds dont seem to bother you when you're actually skiing. We decided to go for Blackcomb, and stick around there all day. Getting to the top takes a while, its a big mountain, and we had to take a few chairlifts to get to the top. Well worth it though, at the top, the peak, bathed in sunlight and fresh snow , was the first thing to notice, and once we glanced a bit further out, the surrounding mountain tops provided us with a picture perfect view. The variety of terrain is incredible here, we skied through massive gorges, windy tree lined trails (one boasting the length of 10km), wide smoothly groomed runs and bumpy pistes. The day was warm, with blue bird skies, one temperature gauge recorded 15 degrees. It was like a spring day. Whiskey Jacks (friendly wee birds) were keeping us entertained at the line ups, by feeding from our hand. It was a great day. I reckon there is nothing quite like Whistler/ Blackcomb , despite the crowds, incredibly pricey ticket($CAD80) it still turns out to be an incredible ski experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb