Day Trip To Whistler in Summer


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
September 2nd 2006
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left home quite early in the morning and headed to Whistler. Made a couple of stops before arriving.

-Shannon Falls (second time visiting, the viewing platform is new, easier to take portrait pix in front of the falls)
-Alice Lake (nth spectacular about this lake, lots of bugs above the water, mountain backdrop is nice tho)
-Brandywine Falls (absolutely beautiful, can't miss it, the best i've seen so far in BC!)

Arrival upon Whistler

Parking was pretty full by the time we arrived, which was before 12pm, it was a really bright sunny day, had lunch at Subway, then took the gondola up to Roundhouse, the ride was 30mins last OMG, with no ventenlation except a tiny window. The chairlift was much nicer, open air, gorgeous views, pretty steep, ppl afraid of height might not be comfortable riding it. Me? no kidding...what's height? haha.
The view on mountain top was amazing, feels like i can touch the sky, air was kinda thin tho, easy to get burnt under the bright sun. Took a trail to enjoy more scenery, i think we walked for 90mins or so, it was more than enough for me, cos the sunlight is overly direct.
Back down to roundhouse where I enjoyed a popsicle in the cafe, took more pix here and there, then took the gondola back to parking lot. Gondola was out of service for a good 20mins, i got irritated but what could i do?
Planned to dinner at whistler but i wanted to take pix at Tantulus lookout before it gets dark, so we went down sea to sky highway around 5pm.

Made 2 stops along the highway, the tantulus lookout is quite pretty, it's about 1/2 way down to squamish.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

gondolagondola
gondola

takes 30mins to climb up the mountain...not exactly a comfortable ride


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb