Contiki Day 10 - Calgary to Vernon


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vernon
July 6th 2008
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long drive day. From Ablerta back into British Columbia. The drive takes you through 3 of Canada's national parks, Yoho, Glacier and Mt. Revelstoke National Parks. Finally when someone yelled BEAR i Saw it. We stopped the bus and watched him for a few minutes. Surprisingly bears actually like the open flat spaces as opposed to trees etc. They generally walk along the train track which is what this one was doing so in a clear open view. Though my great camera of course failed and the big black bear was nothing but a black blur in my picture.

Dinner was included tonight - Chinese Buffet all you can eat. I was loving it. However others felt pooly after. More about that tomorrow!

The night in Vernon is generally known as a quiet night. Everyones buggered from Calgary. However Leia decided we'd have a room party... then Chris n Tess decided on a room party too so we favoured that cause Sharna and Cat wanted an early night. Our room party turned into a hall party cause everyone joined in. Games like never have I ever were played. The hotel was really nice and fine with us spilled out sitting all through the hallway. One manager had a go at us but then their boss actually said it was ok and good to see a group so close and having fun. Leia and I bought some big bottle of a premixed vodka something drink which we also added straight vodka too. Leia and I were the two totally trashed ones and stumbled next door to Denny's for a cheese and bacon fries feast. Great drunk food. At around 300 am or so Leia and I stumbled back to our rooms. When we found them. I think Sharna helped Leia get back and Chris carried me back. It was a really fun cheap night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb