The Lower Mainland! The grand finale!


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well the count down is on! Very busy days, but the energy from the crowds and the team keeps us fresh! Our final week was very eventful and also very emotional! We had some very prominant Medal Bearers. We met Rick's family, friends and colleagues! Exceptional people! Day 273, our final day was bitter sweet! It was hard to believe that this incredible journey had come to an end. Our final Medal Bearer, Amanda, was a young lady from Alberta who at 17 years old has already made incredible differences in her community! Amanda handed over the Medal to Rick at Terry Fox Plaza. The final exchange was very emotional! Our team shed many tears and shared many hugs over the final 3 days! When all was said and done, we attended Celebration 25. This was an amazing concert with artists such as Sarah MacLaughlin, Johnny Reid, Jan Arden, David Foster, The Candian Tenors and a couple of other bands that the young crowd would know for sure!

The next day, we attended a farewell brunch and our last meeting at the Foundation. Rick made a point of coming around and talking to each of us individually! Kleenex was a popular item that day! After the meeting we all agreed to meet up for one more team dinner and the next day, one more team breakfast before we all departed to return to or start our old or next life!

Well, that's all she wrote folks! Hope you have enjoyed this chapter of our life adventures! Can't wait to see all of you that we have been neglecting the past 9 months soon!

Cheers,

Love Weedie and Jeepa! xoxoxoxoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb