Adieu to Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
April 29th 2010
Published: April 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, today is our last full day in Vancouver. Craig has already started to pack up all our stuff. Tomorrow we'll be handing back the keys to the flat and heading off to a hotel for the night before we pick up the camper van on Saturday morning.

Not quite sure whether we're really looking forward to becoming trailer trash for a while. (I'm not convinced that I can get away with wearing a stained white vest and cut of jeans at my age.) We've decided to spend a couple of nights in the Greater Vancouver area (just while we get used to living in a mobile home), and then we're planning to head off to Vancouver Island next week at some point.

Not entirely sure how much wireless connectivity we're going to get at these RV sites, so blog updates might be more irregular for a while (What do you mean MORE?).

Haven't really done too much of note this week. The weather has been somewhat variable. Monday was a bit grey, so we just pottered around downtown Vancouver. Tuesday started well - we went up Cypress Mountain. Fantastic views across the city and out to Vancouver Island, but in the afternoon it absolutely poured with rain - while we were trying to enjoy a danish pastry in Dundarave. Wednesday we wandered around and through Stanley Park. And today is very sunny, but really windy. We had planned to do a bit of sunbathing in Kitsilano, but its far too blowy for it to be enjoyable. So we wandered around Granville Island (and has a spot of lunch in the market), followed the shoreline to Kits, and then had a slow meander over the Burrard Bridge and back through town.

Will be sad to say farewell to Vancouver, but I guess this is just the beginning of the next stage of our adventure...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb