Trailer Park Living Begins...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Burnaby
May 3rd 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we survived our first night in a camper van. It actually wasn't too bad at all. It was a little on the chilly side when we woke up this morning, but all-in-all everything seems ok (for now...)

Had another wet old day again today. We decided to have a wander round Burnaby Lake Park. For those of you that know Weymouth, Burnaby Lake is somewhat similar to Radipole Lake, only bigger. And with more trees. And better paths. But other than that, it's pretty much identical! (Obviously all this will be lost on those of you who have never been to Weymouth in your life...)

The "lake shore" walk is about 14km long (with many of them not all that close to the shore of the lake). Despite the rain, we enjoyed the Sunday stroll. We had our picnic lunch sat in our rain coats, looking over the water (and watching a Heron doing a spot of fishing). We were planning to go for a bike ride this evening, but the rain has pretty much put paid to that idea.

We haven't yet decided if we're going to spend another night here, or move on to somewhere new tomorrow. Our current thinking for our next destination is a place called White Rock, down by the US border (and very close to the ferry terminal over the Vancouver Island). (Sigh) It's a tough old life having to make all these difficult decisions!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb