Oh, Canada!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 30th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from another amazing country in the world: Canada!!

Just about 5 short weeks after returning from a year in Australia, I'm back to being an international traveler!! So here I am in British Columbia, Canada!! The weather has been unseasonably hot (in the 90s), which makes it hard to do any intense hiking or outdoor activity! The flight from Chicago was only about 4 hours and I arrived in Vancouver around 10am on Monday. My mom and I spent the day walking around farmers markets, parks, and laying on the beach in the hot, hot sun. We ate at a restaurant called Crave and had a delicious glass of white wine and a poutine, which apparently is a Canadian favorite. The poutine was french fries cooked in truffle oil, sprinkled with fresh parmesean cheese, then had shredded pork on the top, WITH a side of garlic mayo! It probably will eventually lead to a heart attack, but it was AMAZING! We later did some grocery shopping, then headed off to Bowen Islad!

Tuesday we just hung around the island and went to a really pretty beach with some L'abri people... the water was FREEZING but I still went in a little bit 😊 After that, we went down to the cove and had the BEST ice cream of my life!! I had this vanilla bean ice cream and it was TO DO FOR. It was so good that we went and got some the next day 😊 Anyways, Tuesday night we had youtube night, which was SO much fun. Everyone wrote down a list of their favorite youtube videos and then we spent 3 hours watching funny, interesting, or informative videos... it was great! If you haven't checked out this videos, go look them up: Vintage 21, Theresa Andersson, and Blood.

On Wednesday, mom and I went on a 2 hour hike in the hot hot heat, which was really pretty (and sweaty). We also went down to the cove and had amazing, fresh organic taco salads... SOO GOOD!!! Then last night we had a wine and cheese night outside on the deck... the weather cooled down a bit and it was really nice outside, and the wine was of course delicious. Not a big fan of cheeses though, I'll stick to my American, Swiss, and Cheddar.... some of those cheese smelled so old and aged that their scent resembled that of garbage, hahaha.

Today we are just relaxing and trying to survive the heat... and tomorrow we will spend the day roaming around Vancouver and waiting for Ben & Stacey to arrive. After that, we will spend the weekend in Whistler and then I head back home on Monday morning!! Time is flying!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb