Alaska Bound - Day 3


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

The plan was to cross the border into Canada then catch the ferry on foot to Victoria. Unfortunately we had stopped early to finally catch up on much needed sleep so ran very late. Kids were disappointed but we told them we'd find something fun to do.

Crossing the border was so easy this time. We had affidavits for each kid and Twinkies papers all in order. There was no line at all so we drove right up to the customs agent. She looked at our passports, asked the usual questions and sent us on our way.

We drove thru Vancouver finding nothing to do plus no parking for the RV and 5th wheel. Then we happened on Stanley park and remembered going there in 1984, returning from the Olympics. We got off, and quoting the Bernstein bears searched for the perfect picnic spot. Christabel wanted a picnic in the trees so after walking on a path she yelled "I've found the spot" but oops it was the road she saw not a flat grassy area. We did find a spot hiddden away near the totem poles for our picnic and it was truly the perfect picnic spot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb