Stanley Park, Lost Lagoon


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lost Lagoon 2Lost Lagoon 2Lost Lagoon 2

Here comes the Swan
Another delightful part of Stanley Park is Lost Lagoon. The area is known as Ch'elxwa7elch in the local first nations' language (Coast Salish). The area of Lost Lagoon was shared by many of the first nations in the area as a gathering place for mussels and other sea harvesting. The rights to the harvest land is passed from generation to generation through marriage and inheritance rights. "If you didn't have direct stewardship of a place and you didn't have access through kinship you just weren't going there," Miller said. "The key word is protocol; you could get access to these places but you have to do the right things, talk to the right guy and ask permission in the right way." (Randy Shore, Vancouver Sun, March 17, 2007, rshore@png.canwest.com).

My trips to Lost Lagoon are a delightful reminder to myself that nature can be found everywhere if you only take the time to look. The swans of Lost Lagoon always remind me of the elegance of nature. Its perfection and balanced grace and beauty.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Lost Lagoon 1Lost Lagoon 1
Lost Lagoon 1

The approach of the Swan


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb