Vancouver in the rain!


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The weather forecast was right unfortunately, rain in Vancouver today!

Had a late start, slept in, still trying to deal with jet lag. Had a nice breakfast downstairs in the cafe, the rain wasn't too bad, so decided we would go to Granville Island, (which is a peninsula though, not an island), an area of Vancouver with a public market and lots of art and craft shops, cafes etc, and somewhat undercover. Everybody else obviously had the same idea.

We checked out the public transport options, then jumped in a cab!

Went first to the public market, lots of fresh produce stalls, lots of yummy looking food stalls, and also many craft stalls, and lots of people!

Also looked at many art galleries, craft shops, and lots of souvenir shops that have been renamed galleries!

Rain got steadily worse, so back to the hotel where we could watch it out the window!

Trina went for a late afternoon walk (I was lazy) and found a place for dinner - Coco Rico - says its a Tapas Bar and Bistro. Obviously a local hangout, not too many tourists were there, (could tell they weren't tourists because they didn't have jumpers on and it was 12°) it was quite small but we had a lovely meal, and it was quite close (could see it out the window) so we didn't get too wet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Bead ShopBead Shop
Bead Shop

Take note - Kate & Cassie - this shop was full of beads!
Yum!Yum!
Yum!

LEMON BUTTER SALMON & PRAWNS Creole spiced Pan seared salmon and jumbo prawns, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, lemon parsley butter
SculptureSculpture
Sculpture

This was across the road from the cafe, have been looking at it from the hotel window and wondering if it was art, or if workmen left pipes behind. Apparently it is art - a whimsical sculpture!
Blue Horizon HotelBlue Horizon Hotel
Blue Horizon Hotel

Our balcony is on the left, about 1/2 way up (16th floor)
Clouds are getting darker out the windowClouds are getting darker out the window
Clouds are getting darker out the window

And it's not quite dark yet, and 9.30pm


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb