Summer Fest in Victoria!


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello My Friends,

Summer is here (finally)! The sun is shining, the weather is warm, the sun rises early and sets late, people are enjoying a brew on a patio, the tourists are visiting, all meaning summer is here in Victoria ...at last.

My favourite part of living in Victoria is summer time. Its the best time of the year because there is so much going on in the city. Almost every weekend there is some type of festival to enjoy or some fun event happening.

Here is to name a few that I have checked out so far:

Vicfest Vicfest.ca

Jumpship http://www.facebook.com/jumpshipcontest

Jazzfest jazzvictoria.ca

Veganfest victoriaveganfest.com





Upcoming Festivals Include:

Skafest July 10-14/12 victoriaskafest.ca

Festival Mexicano July 13-15/12 victoriamexicancanadian.org

Celticfest July 14-20/12 Celticperformingarts.com

International Buskers Festival July20- 29 Victoriabuskers.ca

Taste: Victorias Festival of Food and Wine July19-22 Victoriataste.com

Victoria's Electronic Music Festival (Vemf) Aug4-5 vemf.org

Victoria's DragonBoat Festival Aug 17-19/12 victoriadragonboat.com

Classic Boat Festival Aug 31-Sept 2/12 classicboatfestival.ca

Great Canadian Beer Festival Sept 7-8/12 gcbf.com

And many more...

Whether you are dancing the night away, listening to worldy music, eating srumptious foods, drinking wonderful beverages, watching performing acts and or sports, there is a festival for everyone to enjoy. Festivals bring people and the community together to enjoy what the beautiful city of Victoria has to offer. Most of these festivals have free shows and/or only cost a small entrance fee. But you can spend all you want, even if its just your time, indulging in what all these festivals present.

Not sure what to do? Check out a festival! Without your attendance and support, these festivals would not happen. Support your local community, vendors, performers, food and drink etc because without you, they would not exist.

Cant get out of the city or away on holiday, check out a festival! Learn how to dance salsa at Festival Mexicano while enjoying fresh homemade salsa from a vendor, you will enjoy a day in Mexico without even leaving Victoria.

There are so many reasons to check out the festivals, I go and check them out and I always run into people I know...its a great way to share a great time with the people you know who equally enjoy living in victoria during the summer time.



See you at a festival!!!



Jackie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb