Well, thats one more thing off the list


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm in Victoria, British Columbia

a GORGEOUS little part of ocean, harbor, old growth forest, crazy music, awesome food and a fantastic combination of ocean and moutain all at the same time. If anyone gets a chance to go, here's some hints on amazing adventures to take:
-Go down to fisherman's warf, eat fish and chips *omg so good*, feed the cute seals *if you move the fish around above the water, the seals will roll over!*, and check out the houses that are floating on the water.
-Check out the empress hotel, uber-fancy, where tea costs $50 a cup if you go during high tea. (just go down the street and drink other tea, but look at the empress hotel while you do it, and i'm sure its the same. wouldn't actually know, i don't even like tea.)
-GO SAILING !!!! check out the 'thane', a big sailboat designed after an old 19th century boat, and meet the awesome sailor guy, who has very strong opinions on basically everything, so be ready for that. he let me sail it all the way into the harbor, and i climbed up the main mast, and basically it was, let me think, FANTABULOUS!!
-drive up towards the moutains, and go see the old-growth forests, where the trees are so big it's impossible to even tell you approximatly how tall they were, i can't even fanthom a number or height so large.
-if you want to go a spa, check out Tigh-na-mara (house by the sea) in Parksville. Gorgeous little cabins! except everything(stores and restaurants and such) in Parksville closes at 8, so don't expect to do any clubbing! (oops, i forgot, Bugsy's is a restauant that's open until 12. But you'll be the only one in there, we were.)

So yah, lovin' BC, makes me want to stay forever. But it's time to get back to my OTHER life....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.7kb