Victoria


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we finally made it up here, it took along journey but we did it. Getting here involved a 26 hour train journey from San Fransisco to Seattle, then a 4 hour coach journey across the border to Vancouver, then another 4 hour coach and ferry ride across to Vancouver island and the State capital of British Columbia, Victoria.

o.k so it wasn't one right after another we stayed 2 nights in Seattle before continuing up to Victoria, but it was a pretty s@#ty couple of days with next to no sleep. The one bonus was that we saw a very little part of Seattle and it looked really nice and now i can't wait to get back there and explore it properly.

Anyway, Victoria, it's pretty small for a state capital but does really offer everything, and being there for Canada day was awesome sitting out watching the activities going on and finishing the night watching one of the best fireworks displays we have ever seen.

The must do adventure here was to go on a boat trip put on the Pacific to see the resident killer whales (Orcas) It was a very long boat ride and a disapointing 20 viewing time, but we got to spot them briefly while they looked for their food - Salmon.

Victoria was a really nice place but it was time to move on after 3 days. After Victoria we went up to another town this one was tiny, spent two days too long there it was callef Nanaimo, and we basically saw all there was to see in the first afternoon.

From here we would get the ferry to Vancouver.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



14th July 2007

Rubbish
Wow. Just when you think these travel blogs can't get anymore boring . . . I'm not jealous dagnabbit.

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb