Welcome to Victoria British Colombia


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We reached Victoria today at 6:00 P.M. and have five and a half hours here before we depart for Seattle. Today is essentially the last day of the cruise and everyone is finishing up their projects and preparing for debarkation tomorrow in Seattle. We have docked in a warehouse secton of the harbour and it is raining!! Our first and only day of rain! I made the last trip through the photo shop to check for any more photos to buy. Walked through the Signature gift shop to pick up any last minute bargans. I found a table with lots of white boxes on it. What is this?, I said, and found that each box had a glass animal of Alaska in it! "On Special, no less!!! So I bought my three - a dolphin, a polar bear, and a seahorse. They will look lovely at home. So we decided to stay on board and enjoy our last dinner in La Fontaine Dining room. After dinner, we went to the disembarkation briefing and Crew Farewell in the Queen's Lounge Theater. We received all our instructions for transfering from ship to shore tomorrow and then the Crew and staff of the Amsterdam came on stage to say "Farewell!". Many hugs and "Thank You's" were passed around and then we all went to our state rooms to pack!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th July 2007

Thursday
Sad to go. Not sure I saw the farewell.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023kb