Canada Day in the far west


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

The view on June 30The view on June 30The view on June 30

This was our view for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Thursday, June 30 -- the best spot at the Long Beach parking lot.

Long Beach, July 1, 2005



Hello everyone, Roberta here.

Happy Canada Day

Yesterday we spent a glorious day at a part of Long Beach where we can park the van just 20 or 25 feet from the beach. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in our van, facing the beach. We walked along the beach, the sun was in and out from behind the clouds. Katherine flew her kite. We sat outside and read intermittently while watching the waves roll in and out. It was a perfect day.

Today we are in the same area, and had breakfast here, but it is raining off and on. I’m so glad we took full advantage of yesterday’s sunshine. There are several Canada Day celebrations starting in an hour or two. We plan to go to one of them.

I want to check out a place on the wharves that sells cooked crabs, as the restaurant where we used to go in Ucluelet for crab has closed down If that doesn’t work out, we’ll wait until we are in Prince Rupert or the Queen Charlotte Islands to look for a crab meal.

We are about to head
Let's go fly a kiteLet's go fly a kiteLet's go fly a kite

This old kite stuffs into a sock -- no ribs. Kath's had it for 20 years. Still flies really well.
for Tofino, to send out this journal entry and look for a place to take showers. Katherine will probably add more to this, and add pictures.

I hope you are all well.

Love from both of us.

Roberta

What more can I say?



I’ll just add the pictures.

Katherine



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Blue skiesBlue skies
Blue skies

Yes, the sun actually did come out June 30 (see blue sky in the distance).
Day's endDay's end
Day's end

Sunset from a small park along the clifftop, Tofino.


2nd July 2005

Crab dinner
Hey, remember when we had crab for our July l7th birthday celebration on the coast. I remember Roberta walking out onto the dock and picking out lunch from the submerged pot the fishermen had just unloaded... (eh gads, here comes somebody..not me please, don't pick me..alas, four for the pot). I'm loving your stories and pic's. Lots of memories for me too - and many shared times with you two amazing friends. Continue safely.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb